A great movie! There are moments of what I think is unintentional hilarity with Brad raping Dave and Dean yelling at Wade to shoot him. But it's good all around.
Does anyone know what song is playing 15 minutes into the first part?
Hey I know it's been almost a year but...
"Fly Robin Fly" - Silver Convention
I really enjoyed watching this! Great job, guys.
I know it was made quite a while ago, but I figure a little feedback can't hurt, so here's what I did and didn't like:
- the script and overall story were fantastic
- the characters were fleshed out and interesting (not sure if this is because they were based on real people, but either way kudos for that)
- Brad, Buford, and Dave's performances were great, and Nick's was pretty good
- the colour scheme really added to the atmosphere of the film
- the pacing and length of it worked well; it was very evocative of a night that just won't end
- Dave was fucking hot in 2003, holy shit (not saying he isn't now, just... DAMN, SON). He looks like the bastard love child of Daniel Brühl and a young Jack Nicholson – no wonder Dean was lusting after him!
- the shitteo was a little too shitty, in that it was sometimes hard to tell what was happening in a scene
- aside from the four main guys, the acting was pretty dodgy
- the ages of the characters and of the actors playing them often didn't visually match up (for example, the cop looked like he was younger than Wayne, and David looked like he was at least 25, if not 30)
- some of the lines were kind of clunky (especially some of Rhonda's too-on-the-nose observations on Wayne and Dean)
- there was a weird, unrelated scene of a guy putting on a backpack that I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be in there
Please don't take the criticisms as slights against you guys, especially considering the budget etc. that you were working with. I just wanted to give you an honest opinion on the movie, and to let you know of things that could be improved if you were ever to re-shoot it (which I would love for you to do, by the way).
Anyway, sorry for the novel-length comment. The bottom line is that you made a great film, and I'm glad you posted it here for us to watch!
Brad, this is your best movie, even with the horrible exterior lighting. You captured something here that was truly inspired. And I hear a hollywood movie about this event is in the works. Personally, I hope it doesn't come, because I don't believe it can be as good as this, and right now if people want a movie about these events, this is the only place to come. And people should see this movie if they like true-crime fictionalizations.
Anachronism: Nobody was saying "chill out" in the 70's
This movie is so much better than I was expecting it to be! While I did wonder at first how it could possibly be 140 minutes long, that time was well used and it never got boring. Despite some obvious issues, it tells an incredibly enjoyable and tense story, and tells it well.
Movie is awesome. Only issue I had was the audio only plays in one speaker. When I originally watched this, I did a trick with my headphones where I had the plug halfway out of the jack. That worked on my old laptop, not so much on my new desktop.
Still a great movie. Caused me to go on a google run to find out info about the real event.
This movie really FREAKs me OUT! Ha. Haha. Ha.
But seriously love it, I can't wait for "Shot On Shitteo"! (even though I'm sure it will be less tense than this :) )
Hey, Part 2 stops halfway through for me. I think it might be an upload problem.
Yeah. It doesn't work for me either.
Your first movie is 10 years old Brad. I still love it. I'd say this is my personal favorite of your movies, but I haven't seen Cheap in a while so I'll reserve judgement. Any plans to ever put this on DVD?
The only way they'd legally be able to put this on DVD is if they heavily edit the soundtrack. And honestly, that'd kinda make the film less enjoyable.
where is the movie though?
Embed bullshittery going on since Screenwave changed their format. The movies SHOULD be coming back sometime.
Stop fucking the balloons!! Perfect rim-shot...